Organic farming workshops at the Bioclimatic Centre “Sabinares del Arlanza”
The workshops are aimed at all age groups and are organized throughout the entire year. Check with us for availability of selected dates.
Sabinares del Arlanza is a Rural Bioclimatic Sustainable Centre. It is located in Puentedura, a small village at the foot of the Arlanza River, in the province of Burgos, halfway between Madrid and Bilbao, in Spain. This experience takes place in the most extensive and best-preserved forest of "sabina albar" in Europe: “La Yecla” Natural Reserve and the “Sabinares del Arlanza”.
Our strong belief in responsibility applied to one’s lifestyle led us to design a project based on sustainable concepts in terms of construction, maintenance and operation.
Our guest house includes 8 rooms (2 to 5 people) with private terraces of 16m2 and bathroom, with geotermical heating/cooling, large common areas and 20.000m2 of gardens, farm, football and volley playing fields, swings, and a playing area with different traditional games.
We organise stays in our farm, to learn a bit more on Permaculture:
- Ecological farming (natural treatments for animals and plants),
- Nutrition and cookery (gluten free bread, how to cook vegetables, raw food recipes),
- Ecological construction (with adobe, with straw bales, green roofs),
- Renewable energies (solar-powered inventions, geothermal energy).
This year we offer you the possibility of designing your stay by choosing the language, the dates, activities, cultural visits, excursions, etc.
The workshops are carried out in English or Spanish. The different workshops, hikes and activities are aimed at creating a fun and active learning environment and at discovering, through first-hand experience, the natural setting of the breathtaking surroundings.
If you decide to prioritize in the acquisition of language, it would be taught through immersion. Professional teachers are available if conventional Spanish/English classes are requested.
During the stay, you will enjoy day trips to nearby historical and cultural towns: Covarrubias, the natural space of Sabinares del Arlanza, Burgos Cathedral, the archaeological site of Atapuerca and The Museum of Human Evolution. We finish the day with conversation round-tables on different matters, or watching a documental film, reading or enjoying the farewell party. We can include in the programme a day visit to Madrid, Bilbao, Santander and Vitoria or any other extra excursion, at your request.
Our menu incorporates locally grown products from ecological farm and green gardens. We also offer vegetarian meals and cater to the special dietary needs of people with allergies or any type of illness.
- A minimum of 12 students is required, up to a maximum of 32 participants.
- Apply for a course specifying the desired dates, via e-mail email@example.com or by phone: +34667470680. We will, then, send you the dossier with all the information concerning the Workshops (activities, excursions, what to pack on your case, etc).
- Accept our Camp/Course Proposal (Dossier) and Agree to Terms and Conditions. We will also send you the registration form.
- Send us a copy of the payment receipt for 25% of the total amount, in order to confirm your booking. This non-refundable deposit will be subtracted from the total price of the camp, the remainder of which is to be paid once all the documents are received and one month ahead of the scheduled arrival.
- Send all the following documents filled out and signed: the registration form which must be duly completed in full for every person and a medical certificate in case of allergies or necessary diets.
- When you come you have to bring the European Health Insurance Card to access healthcare services during your visit, the participant’s ID and a recent photo.
Fees per person:
Please, contact us for your budget.
The fee INCLUDES:
- Transportation for the group to and from the airport in Madrid.
- Bed and breakfast.
- Full board - home-cooked meals.
- Daily workshops taught by professionals.
- Civil Responsibility Insurance and we provide 24 hour emergency assistance.
- Daily dialogue in a friendly-style environment.
All the extra costs generated by the different activities and tours, such as personal shoppings-gifts, and drinks outside the menu are not included.
- The natural space of Sabinares del Arlanza (transport, tickets and meals included)
- Birdwatching in Ura narrow pass (transport and meals included)
- Day tour to Madrid, Bilbao, Vitoria or Santander (transport, tickets to museums and meals included)
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, click here to read our Terms and Conditions.